Woman sues Mexican restaurant over alleged salmonella poising

A woman claims she suffered from salmonella poisoning after eating the chicken taco salad at Mr. Pancho’s Mexican Restaurant.

Victoria Ray filed a lawsuit on Dec. 28 in the Madison County Circuit Court against Los Alamos San, Inc., alleging strict liability and negligence.

According to the lawsuit, Ray ate at Mr. Pancho’s Mexican Restaurant and Grill, owned and operated by Los Alamos San, on Aug. 8. Ray claims she consumed a a chicken taco salad containing salmonella bacteria. As a result, Ray claims she suffered salmonella poisoning.

Ray claims she was caused to suffer “great pain and discomfort.” She also claims she incurred medical costs for treatment.

She alleges the defendant failed to properly prepare the food for consumption, failed to properly inspect the food, failed to keep or install proper procedures for avoiding harmful bacteria from entering their food product, and failed to adequately warn the consumer of the possible risk of injury.

Ray seeks an award in excess of $50,000, plus costs of suit.

This article was first published in Madison Record.

Leave a Reply